Thursday, May 28, 2009

June 8 - next league game

originally i anticipated June 1 as our next league game, but Dan W. will be away on vacation. I think we should approach June 1 as a scrimmage, play with league teams, and prepare for a big game on June 8th.

Our last official game was March 16. How did this happen? Over two months have passed. In that time Mamba has experienced a flurry of injuries - Dislocated finger, hairline fractured foot, purple swollen thumb. But we've also held our first 3 point shooting contest and had player shirts made up. We've grown as competitive individuals and I think it's finally time to get back to Mamba's roots - die hard, playoff intensity basketball with money at stake. I await June 8th.

This brings me to a very serious concern -- In three days I will return to college, so I doubt that I'll have time to watch the game and record stats. Even typing this stings me. We are left with two options:

1. League games continue without stats
2. Another MAMBA player keeps stats.

If someone else chooses to step up and record the numbers, i can post them on the blog.

n

No comments: