Friday, August 7, 2009

Life Changing Procedure


My vasectomy will happen on August 28th.

20 minutes, in less time than it takes to watch an episode of Small Wonder, my life will change forever. During those 20 minutes the doctor punctures a hole in my ballsack, pulls out a few tubes, cuts the tubes, burns the tubes shut, then reinserts them in my ballsack. Note -- "ballsack" may or may not be the preferred terminology by medical professionals. Either way it sounds like a really fun time.

This raises an important question: will my stats be affected post-procedure? In a brief google search I was surprised to find zero studies measuring the effect of a vasectomy on basketball statistics. For all the men who've had the procedure done and all the men who have played league basketball, you would think there would be research on the subject linking the two. But there was not and that is not right.

Mamba is more than a league for mediocre basketball players, it's also a pioneer in scientific discovery. As far as I know, I will be the first human ever to study the relationship between vasectomy and basketball statistics. My stats will be broken down into two categories: pre-V and post-V. Maybe then an answer will surface......and change the game forever!



neal

No comments: