Saturday, September 12, 2009

Concrete or Tree?????



Take a long hard look at this picture. A homeowner in Astoria simply could not stand the sight of this tree stump, so he decided to pave over it. A cement covered tree stump. Spend part of today pondering this.

There is symbolism in this image. A tree stump has been covered in concrete, no longer visible to the world, except as a shell of its former self. But look closer. The sap and bark from the tree is starting to break down the concrete. The tree is fighting back!

We, as Mamba players, should learn from this concrete covered tree stump. It was chopped down, buried, and left for dead. But it refused to die, slowly winning the war. I will think of this tree when I start season 2. I will be the tree and let the sap run through my veins.

Ask yourself this simple question: am I Concrete or am I tree?

No comments: