Wednesday, April 1, 2009

EXCLUSIVE - the wounded man speaks

On Monday tragedy struck Mamba and captured the hearts of millions. Phil, lunging for a loose ball, destroyed his finger and screamed in pain. A scream heard across the Atlantic, a scream that left the world waiting in fear.

No one has heard or spoken to this wounded warrior - until now. For the first time EVER on the world wide web, Phil speaks about his innermost fears, struggles, demons, and the uphill battle he faces to recapture his Mamba legacy.

1. will you ever chase a loose ball again?

I will, but next time I'm going to try and use my face instead of my hands. I'd like to see how that works out.

2. after you got hurt, your finger did not look like a finger. how did that make you feel?

Right then and there I knew my hand modeling days were over. I also approach masturbation differently now.

3. tell us a little bit about your 7 hour wait at the emergency room.

The stench grew worse upon every hour, homeless men and women, drunk bums, drug addicts, and the mentally insane all contributed in their own special way to this horrible scene. I saw a pregnant crack head screaming at the top her lungs, a fat drunk latino man in a speedo with a knife wound, countless thugs and perps beat up by cops handcuffed to hospital beds, & drunk mexicans with bloody mouths. I watched a hobo masturbate for about 2 hours, I also got to smell his body crust as he removed all of his clothing so he could scratch himself. I saw a man with a hole in his cheek, and I watched about 10 min. of Sienfeld before I had minor nervous breakdown.

4. Mamba is all about being a warrior. Will you play again?


I will play again, but the fear of injury has found a home in my brain. What will breakdown next?
Maybee I'll just play video games.


5. I know that you like to spend your time knitting scarves and mittens for friends and family. Does your wounded finger mean that all scarves and hats from this point forward will be less than perfect?
I'ts a possibilty.

6. Louis waited with you in the emergency room for 7 hours. Do you love him? if so, how do you wish to repay him for this noble act of kindness?

I love Louis deeply. I will repay him with a nice sponge bath, I want to get him nice and clean, then walk arm and arm down roosevelt avenue and whisper sweet little thank you's in his ear. I'll take him to Mcdonals and then buy him a toy.

***************

there you have it -- the voice of a lion, brave yet trembling with the fear of the unknown. He sits and waits, watching daytime TV and nursing tender wounds. He knows that this wound will heal, but the scar will remain forever.

Hot Shot Koster was brave to stand by Phil's side. The players decide if Hot Shot is worthy of a special honor:

2 comments:

freshmuuzzarellballs said...

Amazing! You exemplify the meaning of MAMBA. Truly an inspiration. God Bless and Feel Better!!!s

Dr. Sessions said...

true that