Monday, April 27, 2009

UP CLOSE & PERSONAL - Dan W


he makes the most outrageous faces of any Mamba player. he can tell you everything about every NBA player who ever lived. he is Dan W, aka Weevil and here's a vacation inside his mind:

1. What are you?

A beetle belonging to the Curculionide family with an elongated snout that is destructive to nuts, fruits, stems and roots.

2. If you could be any beast, living or dead, real or fictional, which beast would you be? Why?

Probably the devil. He seems to have fun, no one can beat him, and I can keep my arrogance.

3. Your career stats are 21.5% FG, 8.0 Rbs/game, 0.9 Steals/game, 0.3 blocks/game, 0.9 assists/game. Which of these numbers are you satisfied with? Which categories are you looking to improve in? What are your ideal numbers?

I'm actually digusted by all of these numbers and very disappointed in myself for mis-producing them. I'd like them to be 40%, 15 rbs, oh, actually .9 steals is pretty good for me, i'll keep it (never been my thing)... 1.5 blocks, 3 assists... basically I expect to be at least above average at everything except steals, and very efficient from the field. But I've been nothing of the sort. I will point out however, that my points per game is still right near the league average, which tells you something about me. That no matter what, I manage to get mine.

4. Some people play like Sade - smooth and graceful, yet seductively manipulative. Others play like Slayer - hard, aggressive and fast. Which musical artist best symbolizes your game, and why?
Surprising you ask this, because I recently joined a band called Sadéyer, which exclusively performs Sadé songs in a Slayer style. And that sums me up as a player as well. I'm smooth yet ungraceful - aggressive yet slow.

5. Why did you choose # 42?

1) Hitchhiker's Guide 2) LOST
It basically means that I'm the answer to the big question of life, the universe, and everything. Or the solution to the Valenzetti equation, if you prefer.

6. Your signature shot?

Right handed baby hook from the left block.

7. Have you ever kissed a basketball?

Hmm, I don't remember doing it, but it's so easy to imagine that I'll say yes. I will gladly do it if it's important for some reason. I used to enjoy catching a dirty hackey-sack in my mouth.

No comments: