Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Inspiring quote for tonight's game

it's been about 3 weeks since we played last. in that time we have digested and excreted pounds of holiday cookies, cakes, chocolate santa clauses, candy canes, snowflake shaped pastries, and other festive baked goods. i am feeling sluggish and lazy. if you are like me, you need a little kick in the ass, something to get you ready for tonight's game.

i have just the remedy....a quote from the best movie of 2009, and maybe the best movie of the 2000's -- THE WRESTLER. this one comes from the lead character, Randy "The Ram" Robinson:

"In this life you can lose everything you love, everything that loves you. Alot of people told me that I'd never wrestle again, the only one that's gonna tell me when I'm through doing my thing, is you people here. "

this one is less inspiring, but equally powerful:

"I'm an old broken down piece of meat and I deserve to be all alone."

Patrick put up the money for the gym ($236 for Jan. 7, 14, and 28). bring $24 and it will cover it for the month.

No comments: