Sunday, February 28, 2010

No MVP for last game / Graphs

It makes me very sad to say this - there will be no Black Mamba for the last league game. Even though it looked like Motorbreath was a lock to win it, only 7 people voted. Those extra 5 votes could have made a big difference. I think MVP polls should only count if we get at least 75% votes (9 votes).

Normally, I would apologize to Motorbreath for the lost victory, but he revealed an ugly truth to me the other day. He told me that he waits until the last minute to vote, so he can sway the results in his favor. I felt ill when I heard that.

Side note about the game score chart from a few posts ago. My performance in Game 12 qualified as the best individual performance in Mamba, yet Aidan won the MVP. This tells us that there are more factors than numbers at stake (or a Motorbreath-led voting conspiracy).

Here are a few graphs on career FG%. The blue line indicates your FG% over the course of your career and the black line is your trendline. Put simply, if the trendline is pointing up you're on the upswing. If it's pointing down, time to work on your jump shot. Workley, Sessions, and Motorbreath look good. Eagle, time to get that personal basketball coach you keep talking about.


2 comments:

hamsandwich said...

Those charts are the real deal.

Neal, you started a MAMBA Facebook group, why don't you use it? I think more people would look at the blogs, and in turn vote for Black Mamba, if you posted a status update announcing a new blog post.

Dr. Sessions said...

Word.

So this says that 3 of us have improved over time, and 6 of us got worse. That's uplifting :)